Curious about how to optimize your Instagram account for recommended searches? There are a variety of ways to better ensure your content is being seen – as per Instagram’s information page on how an Instagram search works…
In addition to the text you type into search, we use information from accounts, hashtags and places — called signals — to rank your search results. The most important signals we use, in order of importance, are:
- Your text in Search. The text you enter in the search bar is by far the most important signal for Search. We try to match what you type with relevant usernames, bios, captions, hashtags and places.
- Your activity. This includes accounts you follow, posts you’ve viewed, and how you’ve interacted with accounts in the past. We usually show accounts and hashtags you follow or visit higher than those you don’t.
- Information about the search results. When there are a lot of potential results, we also look at popularity signals. These include the number of clicks, likes, shares and follows for a particular account, hashtag or place.
How To Optimize Your Instagram Account
Optimizing your Instagram content can be done through…
– using key search terms in your bio
– using captions and post tags
– creating content that appeals to your customer base
– creating reasons for people to engage
Much like optimizing your website, your Instagram account can also benefit from key terms and phrases that describe your products or services. As well as include your specific location – such as your city and neighbourhood in which you dwell in your Instagram bio.
Instagram Marketing Trends
We recently wrote about the current Instagram marketing trends in 2022, which included such things as:
- Share User (Customer) Generated Content
- Hashtag Relevance and Nuance
- Ask Your Customers to Use Specific Hashtags for Increased Exposure
- Consider a Sponsored Reel vs a Sponsored Post
Learn more here.
How Can Instagram Benefit Your Business?
- Build your company’s brand name to your target market
- Increased inbound traffic to your website & social channels
- Increased customer engagement increases brand authority
- Promote your products, services, contests, projects, news & more
- Keep your business ‘top of mind’ rather than your competitors
Ready to Optimize Your Instagram Account for Recommended Searches? We’re ready to help!